If you can spare an hour or two a day to maintain Seen and Heard International, a division of MusicWeb International, we would very much like to hear from you. This would be especially true if you have a working knowledge of WordPress and/or PHP; although this knowledge is not a requisite for this position.
Your would be working with the current Webmaster, who is looking to retire and assume the role of Webmaster jointly with current Assistant Webmaster with whom you will share the responsibility of posting reviews on alternate days.
Maintaining the site involves:
1) Making sure all reviews are posted promptly and accurately.
2) Responding to requests by the editors for corrections to their submissions or correcting bugs that occasionally appear.
3) Keeping the WordPress environment current via updates to the system and plugins.
4) Validating successful execution of the backup system which runs on a daily basis.
5) Verifying successful export of reviews to our Facebook page.
6) Maintaining periodic updates to the rotating images on the home page.
7) Maintaining database files, such as new reviewers, venues, etc,
8) Responsibility for sending daily email summaries to subscribers.
9) Approving comments before they are sent to reviewers . This is true of Spam, maintained now by WordPress plug-in.
10) Maintaining communication with parent site with all relevant emails cc’d to MWI.
11) Responsibility for periodic transfers of system backups to MWI.
Important decisions must be approved by the editorial board, currently consisting of our 6 editors and Len Mullenger of MWI
Please contact Stan Metzger at SeenandHeard@xemaps.com