For more information CLICK HERE.
Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich Season Preview
The Swiss Government have not yet announced how concerts may resume in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, so the management of the Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich have had to be creative and flexible with their planning of next season.
The orchestra hopes that concerts will be able to resume as ‘normal’ from January 2021 onwards. Sadly, the virus has led to a further postponement of the opening of their renovated concert hall (the Tonhalle) until August 2021. Concerts next season will therefore continue at the Tonhalle Maag.
69th Wexford Festival Opera further develops its digital presence for 2020
to present a reimagined Festival
Waiting for Shakespeare…The Festival in the air
Sunday, 11 October – Sunday, 18 October 2020
Wexford Festival Opera today announced that it has taken the difficult decision to reschedule the previously announced artistic programme to October 2021. This is due to the ongoing worldwide uncertainty regarding the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing restrictions into the autumn, and in the best interests of the health and welfare of the Festival’s audiences, artists, staff, and volunteers.
THE 2020/21 SEASON – New perspectives
The Pierre Boulez Saal presents over 150 concerts and events
LMP Live! – London Mozart Players plan first UK chamber orchestra performances together since Covid-19 struck
- ‘LMP Live!’ – a series of three socially distanced classical music concerts in summer 2020
- LMP will be one of, if not THE first UK chamber orchestras to reunite to perform together as lockdown eases
- Concerts will be London Mozart Players’ first performances together since Friday 13 March
- Celebrated soloists Tasmin Little and Jennifer Pike will perform alongside LMP
- Concerts to be filmed as live and streamed as free to view Facebook and YouTube Premieres in partnership with Classic FM, the UK’s most popular classical music station
- Venues: Westfield London, Shepherd’s Bush; the Church of St Giles, Cripplegate (City of London); Mansfield College, Oxford
- Programme to reflect core LMP repertoire including favourites Mozart: Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Vaughan Williams: The Lark Ascending, Vivaldi: The Four Seasons
- LMP was the first orchestra to deliver daily unique content with their ‘At Home with LMP’ series, which went live on 23rd March – lockdown day itself
OXFORD LIEDER FESTIVAL 2020
UK’S BIGGEST SONG FESTIVAL PAVES THE WAY FOR A NEW AND SUSTAINABLE MODEL IN UNCERTAIN TIMES
The Oxford Lieder Festival will go ahead this October, with a bold programme and trailblazing approach to the challenges currently facing the classical music industry. Over eight days and 35 events, the Festival will be fully live, ticketed, and presented from special venues in and around Oxford, completely online. With a roster of internationally renowned artists and the pick of the new generation, Oxford Lieder continues as a pioneering and innovative champion of the art of song, and addresses the difficult issue of paid online classical music head-on with a new, sustainable model.
Opera Holland Park 2021 Opera Holland Park’s 2021 season with resident orchestra City of London Sinfonia will open on 1 June with new productions of Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro, Janácek’s The Cunning Little Vixen and Mascagni’s L’amico Fritz, and a revival of the company’s celebrated 2018 staging of Verdi’s La traviata. Casts and performance dates will be announced in … Read more
Was Lost, Now Found – Grange Park Opera, Surrey, launches new summer season June/July 2020
15 performances free to view online
Superstars Sir Bryn Terfel and Sir Simon Keenlyside give concerts from their homes in Wales and tenor Joseph Calleja sings from the island of Malta
Eight new performances take place inside the Theatre in the Woods
ENB dancers amongst more than 70 artists taking part